Saturday, July 21, 2007

Narcissistic personality disorder

I am not a psychiatrist. But I'd like to post a psychiatry related disorder this time.

That is Narcissistic personality disorder. The characteristic features are as follow:


1-has a grandiose sense of self-importance
2-is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
3-believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by other special people
4-requires excessive admiration
5-strong sense of entitlement
6-takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
7-lacks empathy
8-is often envious or believes others are envious of him or her
9-arrogant affect.

At least five of the above are necessary for a diagnosis

You may check the poeple around you. Who has got this mental problem?

3 comments:

ဘလူးဖီးနစ္ said...

docotr kyi. lar le twar par te. hehe. u konw i almost forget my english. so forgive me for my burglish. ur posts are very interesting but as a myanmar i really want to read ur post in myanmar. :) with respect

Steve Evergreen said...

Thanks for visitng my blog. But I am not so clear you mean I am doctor kyi? I am not.

Well, my English is not superb. But I will try to post in Englsih. My basic idea is that I should not stay in our micro community. I feel it is not a good idea Myanmarese's blog is limited for Myanmar people. Take http://mayvelous.con for an example. I think she is a star.

Whatever the English skill level it is, we'd better post some messages in English so that Googlebot and other crawlers recognise our sites to list on worldwide search engines.

Thanks again for your comment.

Burmese Gold Bull said...

Well I like ur idea.. particularly this idea.. :D