Sunday, May 30, 2010

Battersea park and me

Playing Lady Gaga and driving on the less traffic London streets in this bank holiday weekend evening, we headed towards Battersea Park.

Battersea is a district in south London and Battersea Park is large green space on the bank of River Thames opposite Chelsea. It is about 5.5miles from my London docklands on sat nav.

It was such a long time. Someone led a group of three of us to the Peace Pagoda located in the park after taking the membership exam in St James’ park. It was my first visit. I still remember I passed the exam that time and my friends had to re-sit. Now, we have no longer contact each other for a few years. My second visit was after taking my IELTS exam in Westminster University. Since then, I have not been there. Yesterday, I got there again with my friend’s sister who moved from Singapore.

Weather was cloudy. Some drizzling off and on. Clearly, not a good time to take photos. But I did some as I could not resist my hobby. As it was already late and only a few minutes left before closing the park doors, not many people inside. Of course, there were still some teenagers playing with skate boards.

On our return way, we popped in starback for caffè latte which is my fav. .


Albert bridge. One of the two bridges you can see from the Battersea park. That one is under renovation.


Chelsea bridge


About the London Peace Pagoda


I cropped above photo for a better view


One of the 4 images


Macro zoom in







People do walk and run.


Someone trying skate board


A thick forest inside the park

5 comments:

khin oo may said...

မေရာက္ဘူးတာလာေခၚၿပလို႕ေက်းဇူး။

TZA said...

သူငယ္ခ်င္းေတြနဲ႔ ေလွ်ာက္လည္ရတာေလာက္ ေပ်ာ္စရာေကာင္းတာ ရွိေသးလားဗ်ာ၊ အားက်ပါတယ္။

T2A said...

ပုံေတြၾကည့္ရတဲ့အတြက္ ေက်းဇူးတင္ပါတယ္ဗ်ာ ။

PAUK said...

မမေျပာသလို
မေရာက္ဖူးတာ လာေခၚျပလို႔ေက်းဇူး။

ေအာက္ဆံုးက ပံုေလး ေအးခ်မ္းလိုက္တာ..

Sein Lyan Tun said...

I always dream about london. i really like to stay. I am sure, i will be there one day. :) If i have a chance.(just my feeling)