Sunday, August 05, 2012

being in Angus Steak House

British summer is always nice to go out, i mean, if no rain. I just took a great opportunity, while London hosting 2012 Olympic, to look around, checking the international sport fans in major sport event areas of British capital with curiosity. Yes colourful people were everywhere holding their identities. Absolutely brilliant atmosphere.

After walking along the Regent street, i felt hungry. I popped into leicester square where i used to buy KFC for several times in past. This time i was thinking to try something different as i no longer fancy deep fried chicken. I saw Angus steak house at the corner. I usually avoided that restaurant previously with the thought that it would be for beef eater as i never eat that meat since child for unknow reason. When I checked menu, I found out a variety of foods are available, chickens, lamb, fish, pork and so on.

It was easily noticeable that the most waitresses were eastern European origin. I ordered lamb cultet. Ribs and salad were for my friend. Of course we agreed to share a bottle of read wine, French marlot.

This point, a small annoying thing was that the young well dressed waitress had no idea how to serve wine. A few wine splashed onto table. I demostrated her how to pour it nicely by turned around the bottle at the final drop. She appreciated saying '  I see'. Wondering this shop manager never gave his staffs a proper catering  training.

About 25 minutes later,  foods arrived. All looked nice with aromatic smell. Nice taste. But I felt lamb portion was small for price of £17.50. I tasted some ribs. It was beautifully tender and salt content was optimum.   But a bit sweet to me.

At the end of our dining, I asked bill which showed £57 with "service not included " . I understood the meaning. I put £5 note together with my bank card in a small bill holder. She brought a wireless chip and pin device and I entered pin. Transaction went through quickly. She said thank you and asked "what  is it for? "  by pointing at £5 note. I replied it is just for you sweetheart.  She said again " thank you". What's on earth this poor waitress was dull enough not to know a tip. It happened in central London.

In general, foods are ok. But not so special. Those kinds of foods are easily available in most UK pub with cheaper price. I would score 6.5/10


Lamb


Salad


Staying outdoor is nice



Ribs


















Service NOT included 

No comments: