Monday, December 18, 2006

My experience with Morrison

Customer Service Department
Wm Morrison Supermarkets PLC
Hilmore House
Gain Lane
Bradford
BD3 7DL


Dear Customer Service

This is my experience with Morrison store (Stratford, London)

On the 17th of December, 2006, I went to London Stratford shopping centre to buy something. When it was about 1 o’clock at noon, I felt peckish and I popped in to nearby Morrison superstore to eat something. Basically people are active and happy in such a pre-Christmas days. But I can’t believe that catering staffs in Morrison (Stratford) were with grooming faces. When I saw them I felt they were not energetic and not willing to serve customers happily. They reminded me old communist Russia’s sale assistants.

I was waiting for someone to be served near the till. 2 minutes later, a man (looked like Indian origin) came out and asked me what I would like. I asked him “Can I have a fish and chip”. He didn’t say properly anything, but he disappeared in to the room. I thought he checked if the food was available or not. I was wrong. 3 minutes later, he came out again and took off his apron. He avoided eye contact with me and he just went back. I guess his time had finished. I can’t believe his attitude toward customers. I was not alone. Another elderly couple was also awaiting to be served. Other staffs were pretending not to see us and they were doing their jobs in a very slow manner. I have no idea why they could not say in a civilized manner "we are serving you in a minute, don't be long". After 4 minutes later, We had to give up and left the Morrison.

This is the copy of letter what I sent to Morrison customer service.

2 comments:

marta espaƱa said...

hello to everybody that i met in morrisons supermarket, victoria in bradfprd
for me it has been the best experience of my life to be working there, because fortunately i met people very hard working who were encouraging all the time to the workers like John Brookbank.
now i´m in Spain and I´m still missing morrison
I wish i could see t everybody ,
hello to Jenny, Steve, Justina , John, Ian and Scott of course I can´t forget to give a big hug for cake shop department

see you soon

keep in touch
my e mail is martaferriz@hotmail.com

Steve Evergreen said...

Well my next experience on the 29th of December with that Stratford Morrison is not bad. I can say it's good. Fast service in catering section along with good foods . Staffs were smiling. Moreover I think many or some items are cheaper than its rivals. For example, a glass bowl ( i think 17 CM diameter) is only for £2.99, which is normally around £5 in other places. Vegetables I bought are more or less same price with other food providers. I saw the staff who neglected us in our previous visit. This time, he is OK