Thursday, January 17, 2008

Think about Canada

You may be aware that Britain's high skill migrant programme is becoming tougher. Many of my friends's applications have been rejected despite their annual income is around £32,000 (over US$ 60.000). Sometime, I wonder why many people keep trying to get a stay in this tiny island while even British natives have been leaving for a better place. In fact, there has been a concern about British economy as manufacturing sector has plummeted and it is only depending on vulnerable service industries. 2 years previously, the UK has left behind China.

Health service is one of the disappointing areas. In Britain's national health service hospitals, everybody has to wait for 4 hours to see a doctor. (some hospitals might happily announce that they achieve 4 hour waiting target) It is a shame, I feel. In Burma, world's so called poorest country, people can see consultant doctors, who are fellow members of Britain's Royal Colleges in an half an hour when they need medical attention. A news paper revealed a couple of years ago an elderly people died in accident and emergency department while waiting for a doctor.

For many more reasons, I am thinking to leave Britain. I picked up 3 countries, Australia, New Zealand and Canada. I don't like Australia without obvious reason though I love to visit maximum 2 weeks. New Zealand is a stranger to me.

I just choose Canada. I feel Canada is a fantastic place. I dont need to surrender my British citizenship. I can easily achieve their required scores for high skilled visa. Easy to get permenent resident and Canada citizenship as far as I understand.

If you have a Bachlor degree, if you have IELTS score 7 in each skill, if you have around £3000 in your bank account, you will most probably qualify for Canadian high skilled worker program.

If you are interested to settle in Canada, you can assess yourself here.

Skilled workers and professionals: Self-assessment test

For more info, here is an official site.

www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp

Good luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love canada too! I felt more comfortable there though I spent only a year there, compared to the 3 yrs in UK.