Saturday, January 10, 2009

Samsung U600 : user friendly or not?

Nowadays, with the advances in technology, incredible electronic devices are available in the market. Sometime, some people including me find it difficult to cope with those stuffs. A couple of days ago, I bought Samsung U600 from Car Phoneware house. It is stunning in look. Very thin and light. Black and Gold colour. 3.2 mega px camera phone with many advanced features. Moreover, it is not locked to any line, so working with any SIM cards.

My problem started on Day 1. It has 4 touch buttons in addition to normal press buttons. These are quite sensitive even though there are 3 levels of sensitivity you can choose. So whenever I opened this slide phone, part of my finger was on one touch button. As a result, recent call list came up. With a further subtle movement, my phone had already been ringing the last contact I made a call. It happened several times in my 48 hours use. When I tried to stop it, I had to unlock first by pressing the middle circular button. So just after 48 hours of use, you may check below. I broke it into pieces simply. I have no time to go back to shop to return or to exchange. Anyway, now I am in piece of mind. :)

5 comments:

khin oo may said...

ဆမ္ေဆာင္းဝယ္ဘူးတယ္။ မသံဳးတတ္ေတာ႕တာနဲ႕ ရန္ကုန္ပို႕လုိက္ေတာ႕တယ္။ အစ္မတစ္ေယာက္ ေတာ႕ဆက္သံဳးေနတယ္ ကိုယ္ေတာ႕ nokia ဘဲ friendly ၿဖစ္တယ္။

khin oo may said...

မေတြ႕တာ အေတာ္ၿကာသြားတယ္။ အလုပ္သစ္မွာ အဆင္ေၿပမယ္ထင္ပါတယ္။ ဘာလို႕ေပ်ာက္ေနတာလဲ။

Steve Evergreen said...

Oh yes. I made a mistake. this hospital not very good. People start working from 8:30 till 6-7 in the evening though official hour is 9-5. so these days i had to stay like that. thinking to move again. so i haven't moved my internet service from old place. with hospital computer i cant read your blog post with only squares

madison said...

Hey !! Welldone !!! Is good sometime you have to let urself go !!!

စူး said...

woo! nice to read .
tks for sharing. I will visit later .
May be I am regular reader soon.
it's good for reading skill.