Sunday, December 28, 2008

I adopt a polar bear, will you?

I must say I am an animal lover. In most occasions, I feel they are much more innocent than human beings. I am normally upset when I see animals are suffering. Lately an advert on Sky attracted me. It was about to adopt a polar bear for only £3 a month. So I did check their website WWF. It is interesting and the amount of money is affordable for me. So I decided to donate £3 a month for these amazing creatures.

Basically, I have an old noodle bowl into which I put the 1P and 2p change after coming back from shopping. When it is nearly full, I go to supermarket where coin star machines exist. It counts automatically and I choose the instruction to donate for UNICEF and WWF in nearly equal amount. It is my regular thing. Cash amount is not too much, maybe £ 6-7 in total. But I think something is better than nothing.


Adopting an endangered animal is one of the best ways to protect it, and the whole species. You'll be providing help to an animal in great danger of extinction, and making a connection that lasts.

You can adopt from as little as £3 a month and we'll send you an animal adoption pack which includes:

  • A gorgeous soft toy of your animal
  • A fact booklet about your adopted species
  • A print of your adopted animal
  • A greetings card
  • WWF's tips on reducing your own environmental impact
  • 3 issues of Insight magazine, with updates on your adopted species
Please visit WWF @ http://www.wwf.org.uk/index.cfm


Thank you for adopting the

Thank you so much for adopting the for £3 per month. With your help we can continue to protect s and their habitats. Your donation will also help fund other essential WWF conservation work around the world. We'll send the adoption pack within 3 working days but please allow up to 10 working days for delivery to your specified address. This pack contains a personalised adoption certificate, a print of the animal and a soft toy. It will also include a fascinating fact booklet about the adopted species, practical tips on how to live a 'greener' lifestyle, a greetings card and WWF screensavers.

We will also send you a copy of Insight within the next few months, to keep you up to date on the work that WWF is doing to protect s and other conservation projects. Insight will be sent out three times a year.

Would you like to adopt another animal?

Have you considered becoming a member of WWF?

Worried about your impact on the environment? The way we use the planet's resources makes up our ecological footprint. Measuring yours takes less than five minutes and could set you on a life-changing journey. Try our Footprint Calculator

If you have any queries about your new WWF adoption, please contact our hotline on +44 (0)1483 426333 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) or e-mail supporterrelations@wwf.org.uk quoting this reference number: W000162-169-080809.

4 comments:

khin oo may said...

Interesting.. never heard of it.

envy you..

Steve Evergreen said...

Envy? you can do so.

myanandar said...

Impressive, you might interested in this http://www.savetheorangutan.org.uk/. Donation and fostering for rare species, kind of intelligent Apes called "Orangutan" which are almost disappeared only few amounts left in Indonesia.
Mya Nandar

Vista said...

Good job Steve !Keep up good works!
I 'll join you in the near future.