Sunday, December 13, 2009

A bad habbit

When I was in Burma, I overheard my mother advised a young woman, who was nurse, how to save money from food. I was only 12. But it was still a clear memory. My mother said "if you saved some money each time when you go shopping, you could have an emergency money when you need it for something in the future"

To be honest, I never appreciate that statement. But when I got to the UK, I a bit changed. Every time when I went to Tesco each week, I had to purchase at least £50 for my 7-10 days food quota. What I got back was a receipt and 5p off voucher (5P off for each litre of petrol).

Which came to my mind was that if I had to pay Tesco, I did need to pay myself something. That idea was a bit crazy and logically it was not right. In fact, foods I bought from Tesco was for myself. But anyway, whenever I went to Tesco, I put £10 or 20 notes beneath my mattress in last few years, trying to convince myself I earned from shopping.

The following pictures were the end result. I decided not to do like that any more in the future. It is not worth doing so. Mathematically, the figures of my money won't change. At the same time, we must not keep money at home for the security purpose. Banks are around.




Between mattress and base of the bed.


Interestingly, most were £20 notes


Counted before banking

3 comments:

Bino said...

The more you safe, the more you rich.
(only money)

AMK said...

ကိုစတိ ပိုက္ပိုက္ေတြ မ်ားၾကီးပါလားဗ်

NangNyi said...

i'll come and rob u... :P