Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 and me

Basically, I do like evidence based practice which is a very scientific approach to solve the problems. . At the same time I am rather superstitious on numbers, days and some words. It happened after I experienced the same thing repeatedly. For example, I am likely to deal with death body at around 1PM at work in many occasions. Number one alone was not very good to me. But numbers such as 11, 29, 38, 47 were my lucky ones,. For instance, I was granted a settlement in Britain on the 11th of a month. Number 29 and 38 were good ones in my life as well.

When year 2009 was approached, I expected too much that it would be my golden year. In reality, the reverse is true.

During the first quarter of the year, I was so tired and very difficult to cope with enormous work loads due to an unexpected shortage of man power at work. I had to work at least extra 2 hours everyday for nothing. In the second quarter, it was getting worse. There was something went wrong in communication between human resource department and the deanery. It was learnt that my name disappeared from the list. The deanery had already employed someone for my place. It was a pain. I had to sort out that issue. I was nearly jobless. In the third quarter of this unlucky year, my family issue made me a misery. I encountered unnecessary expenses.

It can be said that the worst quarter is the last quarter. My BMW’s rear tyre blown out while driving at 70 mph (which is legal limit) on a notorious high way. I had my car serviced 2 months earlier. Car was swinging at first. After that, it spun off the road. Fortunately, nobody hurt. But the whole right side of car body was damaged. Now it has been written off and the insurance company sent me a cheque. Anyway, I am still alive.

This is my experience in 2009.

5 comments:

Vista said...

Happy New Year Steve !
Wish you all the best !
May 2010 brings you all the best things to your life !!!!!

khin oo may said...

ေရွ႔႔နစ္မွာေတာ႕ အားလ႔့ုံး အဆင္ေၿပ ေအးခ်မ္းပါေစ။

သူရိန်မင်း said...

I don't know clearly whether numbers can influence upon us or not. But for me, for everything, do it, just do it,no need to plan because we're rolling dice. :P

Bino said...

Happy New Year.

BINO

Bino said...

Basically, I do like evidence based practice which is a very scientific approach to solve the problems.

That is good practice for you.
You can determine after found the root case.
You can sturdy from actual accident or incident.
When, how, why?
systematic approach to the sphere in the vicinity to solve the problem.
I made investigation myself when I got something wrong.
Most Company have a R & D.
I also approach to any high risk job by using risk accessement.
How many risk factor involved?
How can reduce it?

Thanks for sharing.


BINO