Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Dell Streak review


Photo:

Recently, my O2 mobile phone was upgraded to Dell Streak, which runs on Google Android with loads of build-in applications such as facebook, twitter, gtalk, gmail, youtube, map and navigator. It comes with a 5 inch screen. It has got 2 cameras, a 5 mega pixel camera on rear cover side and an extra camera on screen side.

These days, Iphone is in a high demand and everybody around me has been carrying it. For some reason, I am not so keen on it. When I came across the fact that the Dell Streak had been available on O2 network. I decided to take it straight away.

According to my personal experience, I found out some good and bad things.

Good points:

• Big screen. Comfortable to use.
• Slim. Easy to put in trouser pocket
• Wi-Fi and fast HSPA connectivity
• No software required to sync with desktop computer
• If you are using Google calendar for your daily and montly plans, this Dell Streak will act as your best organizer. It will synchronise everything with your plans in google account.
• Gtalk facitly is really handy. I can keep chatting while I am shopping and eating.
• Expandable memory (micro SD). Mine is 16gig which is more than enough
• Easy access to application on Android Market. If you have Google check out, very quick to buy. Of course, there are loads of free Games and applications
• It is easy to locate yourself in big cities. You can share your location with your friends.

Bad points:

• Version 1.6 of Android is relatively old. For me, it does not matter. Anyway, version 2.2 will come soon.
• Back, Menu and Home buttons are vibrating on touch initially. After a few days, intensity of vibration getting less. Sometime, no vibration at all.
• Camera button is difficult to press it. But if you use touch button on screen, no problem.
• Slow camera focusing despite reasonable good image
• People might say it is a big mobile phone. I would say it is more than mobile phone. It is a tablet. So size is acceptable.
• No Skype application available.
• Gtalk is only for chatting. No voice call.

This is my impression on Dell Streak after using it in last 3 weeks.

My rating is 8 out of 10.

If you are a Google fan, Android phone is the best for you. Check here how you can do on google phone.


Some related video clips about this device.












Close-up photo I took with this Dell Streak.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi steve,

Long time no see, not sure u block me or what :D. I want to buy smart phone too, ur dell look great but not available in SG. I am waiting for Samsaung Galaxy Tab.