Saturday, June 28, 2008

Britain getting poor?

News papers are playing , saying that "The Queen costs taxpayers 66p each a year - up 4p from last year"

The Queen and Royal Family cost taxpayers 66p each last year - up 4p from 2006/7.

Rising bills meant the total cost of funding the monarchy increased by an inflation busting five per cent from £38million to £40million, Buckingham Palace said yesterday.

The Queen's Civil List, which pays for her work as head of state, rose by £500,000 to £12.7million.

Travel costs leapt by £600,000 to £6.2million. They included £381,813 to charter a plane for the monarch's State visit to the US last year. Although the £40million total excludes security costs, officials insisted the monarchy had kept costs as low as possible. source


For me I wont bother. I am happy to pay for Queen up to £1 a year while I am paying over £300 a month to Britain in the name of tax, including for jobless alcoholics. Why I can't pay for Queen £1 a year?

No comments: