Thursday, October 16, 2008

My holiday, Harrods soup, Dabenham shirts and Suhsi bar

You may know this week I am on holidays, that means free from seeing dying people. I am in London. Nice weather outside just before chilly and gloomy winter coming, so I went out with my friend yesterday late afternoon. Our destination was uncertain until we were on Jubilee line.

Later we decided to go to Harrods where we had so called "the best soup in London", costing us £16.20 total. It reminds me 21st street rice porridge from Yangon China town. Interestingly, the taste was more or less the same.


Chicken soup £8.20

The Harrods looks like a museum for me, rather than a super store, crowded with European tourists who were taking photos and doing window shopping. Basically many items are for super rich people, despite a full range of consumer products available, ranging from vegetables, perfumes, designer's clothes to electronics and furnitures. I also saw the Harrods financial service.


Harrods at Knight bridge, London


A shoulder bag with price tag £1750



Dodi and Diana memorial on the lower ground floor (You may be aware that Harrods' owner's son Dodi was a lover of Diana. They are killed in fatal car crash in France. It's a tragedy)


Some vegetables available in Harrods. Ma Mi will like it.

From there, we took the tube to the Bond street, going to Dabenham store, the place where I normally buy Thomas Nash shirts. Nice ones with reasonable price. A few year back, I found out that that brand is good for me. Other brands I buy are Maine and Redherring. Fortunately, from blue cross, size 16 Thomas Nash shirts were for only £5 . Their original price was £22. £30 Redherring was only £10. I just took the opportunity.

After that, we walked along the busy Oxford street where we felt hungry. So we popped into a sushi bar at off Oxford street . Sushi pots were on conveyor belt. We also ordered a bottle of Chardonnay. Bill showed £44 at the end. My friend expressed that I was thinking again and again to buy a shirt, chasing a final discount, but for food, I spend too much with ease. I have no idea. It just happens.


Moving Sushi

3 comments:

MELODYMAUNG said...

>>Some vegetables available in Harrods. Ma Mi will like it.
Yes, of course, Kanyut, I like it 2much. Hows in English? I don't know. Thanks for your remembering upon my likes.

>>you thinking again and again to buy a shirt, chasing a final discount, but for food, you spend too much
Yes, you must also be gourmet
Me2. Should Come and try to eat Singapore's Local foods :)

mama said...

I just follow you through my comment on May Nyine's Love.
Your Blog is quite interesting.
I am sure that I will visit you quite frequently.
.....
But, I still have one suggestion that I think it will be very benefit for Myanmar Language users especially Myanmar young generation if you can post in Myanmar.
.....
Have a nice day.

Steve Evergreen said...

Dear mama

Thanks for your suggestion. But I thought today's Burmese young generation have been using English better than our generation. I saw many Burmese teenagers in Britain, whose English are brilliant.

Moreover, my posts cannot stay only in Burmese society.

Thanks again.