Friday, June 19, 2009

2 days in Bristol

ALS means Advanced Life Support. Yesterday, I took ALS course. It is an intensive course under the management of UK Resus council. We have to retake every 4-5 years. I took a few years ago. So it was the time to take it again. It is a mandatory course for the professionals working in Acute and emergency medicine. Fee was £390. There are many centres across the UK. I chose Bristol as I had never been there before. I booked at Premiere Inn for £68 a night. After 2 day extensive practice and the test at the end of the course, I got exhausted physically and mentally. I thought it was more tiring business than PLAB and MRCP exams.

My mentor congratulated as I passed the test. There are many causalities. I mean some candidates did not pass. They have to redo after some time.

For me, only pain was parking fee. I left my car in NCP (Natinal car parking), costing me £30 for 24 hours. Premier Inn provides parking place (£8 for 24 hours), but no space on my arrival. Anyway, I am happy. I have done a task successfully. My course fee was funded by my deanery. :) Well, I still need to claim it.




the Premier Inn where I stayed over night. Fortunately my room was at the top floor (17). So good view.


inside the room


A view from my room. That is Bristol


Another look





University Hospitals, Bristol . A view from Education centre.


Some candidates

5 comments:

khin oo may said...

you are wonderful/great!

Rita said...

ဂုဏ္ယူပါတယ္။

Unknown said...

good tal .. :)

strike said...

ဆက္ေရးေတာ႔ သားေရ...c box မရွိလို႔ေနာ္

Steve Evergreen said...

welcome back Strike