Monday, June 08, 2009

Moved to village

Last weekend, I moved to a village which is 5 miles away from my work. It is a very quiet place with organic farms around. House moving is a stressful business. I had to sort out a lot of things from removal of my belongings to address change. Royal mail redirect service cost me over £40 a year. The Internet is not available yet. I had to transfer my Virgin account that I left in Yorkshire last year. Since I moved in to Dorset, I have been using hospital Wifi network as I live in hospital accommodation.

Now I start enjoying England's rural life. There is a tiny pub in 3 minutes walk. That is the smallest pub in England, according to a neighbour. I may have some time to go there next week.

The only issue today is that I had to get up earlier than my normal time for my travel. (My regular bed time was 2AM and my radio alarm went on at 8 when I lived in work place). Later I learnt that it was only 10 minute driving time from home to work, which is quite good.

By the way, the name of the village is Godmanstone!



Fireplace at my new place. I did try last night.

10 comments:

Rita said...

rural area က ပံုေတြရရင္ တင္ပါဦး။ အဲဒါဆိုရင္ေတာ့ ဆန္းတယ္ ထင္မိမလား မသိဘူး။ ျမက္႐ိုင္းကြင္းေတြ ႐ွိတဲ့ေနရာမ်ိဳးဆို ပို သေဘာက်တယ္။

ရႊန္းမီ said...

two caps on the wall... they look warm as well :-)

khin oo may said...

္do you need accompany

Steve Evergreen said...

Yes,rural area means less crowded, less cars driving around , more farms and more spaces. Otherwise, equal facilities as cities. No mud on the road :). Everything clean and green.

No Asian either. They said I am the first Asian for that area.

The person opposite to me owns Bentley. It made me surprised.

San said...

ေရးထားတာ ေနခ်င္စရာ
public transportation access ေတာ့မေကာင္းဘူးထင္တယ္

ေဆာင္း said...

That's a nice place.

R u gonna get one .. Bentley?

Steve Evergreen said...

San said...

ေရးထားတာ ေနခ်င္စရာ
public transportation access ေတာ့မေကာင္းဘူးထင္တယ္

Well, we drive ourself. No traffic congestion :)

ေဆာင္း said...

That's a nice place.

R u gonna get one .. Bentley?

:) Bentley? maybe after year 2222.

မီယာ said...

Dorset is a nice place. I've been there, walking.

khin oo may said...

ယူရိုသံုးဆယ္တန္ ဦးထုပ္ေလး......

Moe Cho Thinn said...

သိပ္ေအးခ်မ္းၿပီး စိတ္ခ်မ္းသာမွာ အမွန္ပဲ။

မီးလင္းဖို နားက ဆိုဖာေပၚမွာ လွဲရင္းစာဖတ္။ ဇိမ္ပဲ။ ေၾကာင္ေလးေတြ ေခၚလာရဲ႔လား။ :)