Friday, January 01, 2010

Lonely New Year Night

This is the third time I have been in river side firework of New Year celebration in London. The first time was in 2005 with my parents. I left my car near the Lambert Bridge, one of the several bridges crossing River Thames. We did a long walk to reach Westminster and London Eyes where firework took place. And the year 2007 saw an amazing celebration when I was with a friend from Japan and a bottle of champagne on Westminster Bridge.

This time, I was on my own. Most of my friends celebrated at home. Despite getting on train once I finished work in the evening, it was 10:30 PM when I reached the river side where hundreds of thousands of people had already occupied the good view points. BBC later reported that there were a quarter million people participated in the New Year party. When I got back to my London place, it was 3AM. I will stay here over the weekend and I will go back to my work place on Sunday.

Here are some photos I took as much as I had a chance.

Before mid night











Just after mid night













7 comments:

Unknown said...

မဂၤလာႏွစ္သစ္ရဲ႕ အစၿဖစ္ပါေစ။
Happy new year!

khin oo may said...

ေပါက္ မီးပန္းေတြ သြားၿကည္႕ပါဦး ။ အဟိ။

khin oo may said...

နစ္သစ္မွာေပ်ာ္ရြင္ပါေစ။

အရုဏ်ဦး said...

beautiful fireworks! Nice photo captures :D

PAUK said...

ေၾသာ္..
မမ သြားခိုင္းလို႔ က်ေနာ္ဆီေရာက္တာေပါ့ေလ...။။
ရပါတယ္...ေလ။။
ကိုစတိဖ္ မီးပန္းနဲ႔ေတာ့ မယွဥ္နိုင္ပါဘူး။။
ဖုန္းအစုတ္နဲ႔ ရိုက္လာရတာ။။

Steve Evergreen said...

I have been visiting your blog secretly on a daily basis

Anonymous said...

ေအာ္ အဂၤလန္ နယူးရီးယား ကေတာ္ေသးတာေပါ ့ကြယ္
ဂ်ပန္ နယူူူးရီးယား က ဘာမွကို မရွိတာပါ
ဒီေတာ ့နယူးရီးယား ဆိုရင္
တၿခားနိင္ငံသြားလည္ေပါ ့
အဂၤလန္အင္း လည္ေတာ ့ လည္ခ်င္တယ္ ဒါေပမယ္ ့ ေလယဥ္ အေ၀းၾကီးစီး ရမယ္ေနာ္ ပ်င္းစရာ
း၀)