Friday, February 05, 2010

Heat free supper




This evening, I felt a bit bored and I did not want to cook or warm up any food. So I just tried this. Very easy. Preparation time was only 2 minutes.

Recipe? Very simple. Readily sliced Chorizo was placed on the plate first. Chorizo is fermented Spanish pork sausage. Fresh Chorizo needs to be cooked. But we normally eat fermented one without cooking as Europeans do.

Then, I grated mature organic English cheddar cheese. In a separate bowl, cheddar, 4 or 5 slices of Prosciutto and some wild Rocket leaves were mixed with 2 spoons of virgin olive oil. I stirred all together briefly. Then, it was put above the slides of fermented Spanish sausage on the plate.

That's it! No electricity, no gas required to cook. Prosciutto is my favourite. It needs no cooking or frying (just info for orientals) . It is thinly cut ham from Italy, air cursed with salt for a minimum of 12 months. Nice.

Again, Spanish pork sausage, Chorizo is already fermented. If you fry, it will lost its original taste and nice smell. In fact, it looks like Salami, an Italian sausage, which can be stored at room temperature up to 10 years.

Scientists claimed that deep fried foods, such as traditional bacon and sausages, could cause cancer. But I have not read the research papers about the outcome after eating uncooked foods. Maybe I will come across such report at one point. At least I would say heat free foods are more or less environmental friendly. It is green. Green foods!!!

6 comments:

khin oo may said...

အေတာ္ေက်နပ္နစ္သက္သြားပံုဘဲ စားလုိက္ရတာ..ႀကားရတာ ဝမ္းသာပါတယ္
တို႕ေတာ႕ မုန္႕ဟငး္ခါး အုန္းနုိ႕ေခါက္ဆဲြ ေခါက္ဆြဲသုတ ္ရွမး္ေခါက္ဆဲြ ရွမး္ထမင္းခ်ဥ္.........ဘာညာဘာညဘာဘဲႀကိဳ႕္တယ္ ဘုိစာေတြ မစားတတ္ေပါင္။

Steve Evergreen said...

တို႕ကေတာ့ အစားအေသာက္ဆို အေရွ႕တိုင္းေရာ အေနာက္တိုင္းေရာ ကုလားေရာ တရုတ္ေရာ အကုန္စားတတ္ပါတယ္။ ေဒါင္က်က် ျပားက်က်ပဲေလ

ေမာင္ေမာင္ said...

အင္း ဘိုစာမစားတဲ ့လူ နဲ့ အစုံစားတဲ့လူနဲ ့
ကြ်န္ေတာ္ လဲ ကိုSteve လုိပဲ အစုံစားတတ္ပါတယ္။
မခင္ဦးေမရွဳ ံးျပီဗ်။

SHWE ZIN U said...

က်ေနာ္ တို႕ကေတာ႔ ဘိုစာဆိုႀကိဳက္ဘူးဗ်..
မစားႏိုင္တာလည္း ပါမယ္ထင္တယ္.. ေစ်းၾကီးတယ္ေလ..
အညာစာေလးေတြလာစားပါအုန္း..

hi

I wanna read ur posts but my English is poor so i can't read well.

thz
http://shwezinu.blogspot.com

SHWE ZIN U said...

က်ေနာ္ တို႕ကေတာ႔ ဘိုစာဆိုႀကိဳက္ဘူးဗ်..
မစားႏိုင္တာလည္း ပါမယ္ထင္တယ္.. ေစ်းၾကီးတယ္ေလ..
အညာစာေလးေတြလာစားပါအုန္း..

hi

I wanna read ur posts but my English is poor so i can't read well.

thz
http://shwezinu.blogspot.com

Steve Evergreen said...

I am also poor in english. :) i use basic things