Thursday, April 19, 2007

Britain's top 2 are immigrants

Britain’s wealthiest man is Lakshmi Mittal. He was born in Sadulpur Village, in Churu district of Rajasthan, India, and residing in Kensington, London. He is the 5th richest person in the world and the richest Indian, with a fortune of U$32 billion according to Forbes.

Chelsea football club owner Roman Abramovich (who is originally from Russia) remains at Britain’s number two overall with an estimated worth of £10.8 billion.

The world's richest footballer is David Beckham, 31. His wealth has reached to £112 million, and is ranked at world’s 619. He was born in Leytonstone. It is only 15 min drive from my place in East London.

Simon Philip Cowell, 47 is also a big winner in the pop world. His fortune is now about £100 million. He is best known as a judge on the television programs Pop Idol, The X Factor, Britain's Got Talent, and American Idol. He is notorious for his unsparingly blunt and often controversial criticism of the contestants.

Britain’s richest chef is GORDON RAMSAY, 39, worth £67 M so far. He earns money from his TV shows, restaurants and books I think.

Sources:
http://www.itv.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/
http://independent.co.uk/

2 comments:

Steve Evergreen said...

Hi May
I feel you comment patronised me. So I rejected it.
Don't worry about my blog. In this post the title is what I wanted to say.

Mayvelous said...

Ofcos' I understand. I apologize for my comments, I meant no harm. Just some thoughts came up and I said it aloud. So don't take it seriously as the way ur blog now is cool.
It's a good read about diff places and diff profession on this blog. I still read. :-)
Again my sincere apologies for previous comment.
G'day.
Cheers.