Sunday, April 22, 2007

UK Copyright Law:: Some facts

Basically I am not a great music fan. I hate most noisy Rap music apart from Eminem. I can't believe those stuffs have been very popular in Burma. I think in Britain where Pop is still on the top position, the rap represents only for a group of people.

I appreciate the talent of musicians. I know the stories how clever producers made money on young popsters. But sometime I feel music industry has been over-protected by copy right law whilst I understand I must obey the law. This morning, I googled the UK copy right law and I found out the following interesting points.

Duration of copyright

The 1988 Copyright, Designs and Patents Act states the duration as;
1. For literary, dramatic, musical or artistic works
70 years from the end of the calendar year in which the last remaining author of the work dies.
If the author is unknown, copyright will last for 70 years from end of the calendar year in which the work was created, although if it is made available to the public during that time, (by publication, authorised performance, broadcast, exhibition, etc.), then the duration will be 70 years from the end of the year that the work was first made available.
2. Sound Recordings and broadcasts
50 years from the end of the calendar year in which the work was created, or,
if the work is released within that time: 50 years from the end of the calendar year in which the work was first released.
3. Films
70 years from the end of the calendar year in which the last principal director, author or composer dies.
If the work is of unknown authorship: 70 years from end of the calendar year of creation, or if made available to the public in that time, 70 years from the end of the year the film was first made available.
4. Typographical arrangement of published editions
25 years from the end of the calendar year in which the work was first published.
5. Broadcasts and cable programmes
50 years from the end of the calendar year in which the broadcast was made.http://www.copyrightservice.co.uk/copyright/p01_uk_copyright_law

1 comment:

စိုးေဇယ်ထြန္း said...

လာလယ္သြားတယ္ ကၽြန္ေတာ္လဲ ေကာ္ပီရိုက္ကို ေလ့လာေနသူပါ