Friday, April 06, 2007

Thai banned YouTube

The Thai government has banned access to the YouTube video-uploading website after it broadcast material critical of the country's king. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/6528303.stm

At first I thought Thai were too fussy and fastidious. But after reading the story,
I feel that action would be right thing to do. Sometime I feel those people abuse "Freedom".

At first it was OK ,,,,Freedom of speech,,,, freedom of publishing,,, freedom of love,,, freedom of religion,,,But an action under the name of freedom, insulting someone against over 50 millions of people's wills is ,I believe,ethically wrong. This would lead to some negative impacts.

YouTube and Google should respect people's concern and dignity. Basically Thai King is a respectful and great person, I believe.

No comments: