Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Carpeting and Sunbathing

Since last spring, I had decided not to go abroad this summer after I was fed up with flight schedules, hotel deals and unexpected expenses that I experienced in my last trip. During my this short break, I just stayed at home. I did enjoyed lots of barbecue and wines. It was really nice until yesterday.

When I got up at 8, I was shocked to find out that the whole downstairs was flooded. The whole kitchen, the whole living room. The carpets and rugs had been underwater. I had to try to calm down myself first. The leak was from the connection point at washing machine. After securing it, I had to start very tiring carpet replacement. I removed all wet carpets. And I rushed to nearby Allied carpet. Fortunately, the one I like was on 30% off although it was still not so cheap for me as £7.45 per square meter. I finished carpeting this morning, gaining a new experience, but leaving me with some ache and pain as I had to moved all furnitures.

My house has already been equipped with smoke alarm and carbon monoxide detector. After this incident, I was thinking to get anti-flood alarm if available at market :)


new carpet in kitchen


kitchen


Living room carpet.


view from rear garden while sunbathing.


a pigeon watching at me


under the blue sky I was doing sunbathing (I miss you darling)


Wild fruits


Next door neighbours trying to make friendship with me

5 comments:

khin oo may said...

စိတ္ဝင္စားစရာေလး ဘဲ။ ေရလွွ်ံသြားလိဳ႕စိတ္မေကာငး္ၿဖစ္တာမွ အပ။

PAUK said...

ေတာ္ေတာ္ ေမာသြားတာေပါ့ေနာ္..
ေကာင္းကင္ျပာပဲ စိတ္၀င္စားတယ္..

strike said...

လူပါတခါထဲနစ္သြားရမွာ...

Rita said...

washing machine ရဲ႕ connection point ကိုေရာ ျပင္ၿပီးသြားၿပီလား။ ေတာ္ၾကာမွ လဲၿပီးသားေတြ ထပ္႐ႊဲကုန္မယ္။

khin oo may said...

under the blue sky I was doing sunbathing (I miss you darling)

အဲဒီတံုးက အခ်စ္က ဘယ္သူလဲ.