Saturday, November 01, 2008

Do I need Google G1 phone?



Technology is advancing quickly. At the same time, Google's power is rising among the internet users, now starts to invade the field of mobile phone. In the UK, iPhone was introduced a few years previously and it is available on O2 net work. Now T mobile has launched G1 Google phone. For me, receiving a couple of calls a day is my way of mobile phone usage. Of course, I would take photos some time for my blog. Not more than that. To surf the webs, the internet access is everywhere at work. At home, I have got a cable. When I drive, I use Tom Tom. No mobile phone integrated Sat Nav needed for the time being. For pda, I have got HP iPAQ.

Maybe, I would consider iPhone if it comes with a better build-in camera resolution. Do I need all in one device? Maybe, later, not now. The same thing for Google phone. For the time being, I don't need it for the time being.


on my way to London

Any way , here is a review about G1 Google phone on Times online.
My first impression when the G1 was released was that it was not going to be a iPhone killer, and further use of the first ever “Google phone” confirmed my suspicions. Still, it is clearly a smartphone in the same class as Apple’s iconic product. Despite a few niggles, it is quite impressive.

The main difference between the G1 and its competitors is the slide-out qwerty keyboard. This is a useful addition for anyone frustrated with tapping an unresponsive pane of glass. The keyboard buttons are quite small, though, so fast typing is not really possible. But it is more like using a BlackBerry than an iPhone.

Another useful addition is the “trackball”. You can use the touchscreen to scroll through webpages and click on icons, as with other similar devices, but every once in a while the links are two small for a big fat thumb to select easily. Faced with this problem on the iPhone, you can zoom in and out using the clever “pinch” motion on the touchscreen, but the G1’s zoom is much less cool and clunkier to use. The trackball is a neat way around that problem: when the touchscreen becomes frustrating, you can use the trackball instead. As with any device, the more you use it, the easier it becomes to navigate through web pages and documents.
Full article::

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well ... i m still considering iPhone :)

soul said...

Once tomtom was not working and gps from iphone saved the day, That's my experience.
Eventhough internet is avilable around u, good to have everything in one.

Steve Evergreen said...

Oh yes,occasionally, Tom Tom went mad.sometime it is like an idiot. 3 months ago, I was driving in south london area while heavy rain with massive cloudy sky. No signals from 12 satellites at all. I had to ring someone for the route :)