Saturday, May 09, 2009

Hello darlin'

hello
this is sanyuaung, boyfriend of xxxxxx
what makes u think u can call my girl darling?


This is only today's most interesting one among the loads of facebook emails, Amazon transactions, KLM offer and some junk mails. A bit confusing. Someone claimed he is boyfriend of her. But what she said before was that she had a fian. Is this different person? Same person demoted from fiancé to boy friend?

This is the story. Lately, I got an online friend. She is a professional lady working somewhere in England. Normally, I don't communicate with too many people. She looked nice and decent to me. I treated her as a mature lady with respect and clear mind as she said she had a fian. Sometime we emailed. Yesterday, yes, it happened yesterday evening. I felt bored, maybe she too. We emailed to-and-fro, talking about films and eating. Here is part of our talk.

Me: btw, i am eating now with chicken , photo attached :)


She: ၾကြားလုိက္တာ..
စားျပီးၿပီ
ငါးရယ္၊ ခရန္းခ်ဥ္သီးခ်က္ရယ္
အီစကုိလဲ ဟင္းခ်က္တတ္ပါတယ္

Me: mine better. rice is special. cooked with butter, peas, cashew, one sugar

She: ၾကက္သားကင္တာ ေတာ္လုိက္တာ
ဘာအေရာင္မွ မထြက္ဘူး
(အဲ့ဒါ ရြဲ႕ေျပာတာေနာ္)

Me: har har. coloring is child play. what color do you like? yellow, red , orange, green., blue? I have everything

She: you put sugar in everything!
and i meant food colouring as in flavour..
sigh
you need a wife
you still cant cook properly after living abroad for so long
:P

Me: sorry darling. now finished, no more left 4u, see the tray. too much delicious and finished quickly coz very expert in this business, no wife required

the color is phone camera setting was on something else.



She: i'm not strike, don't call me darling :P

Me: darling is what i called tesco cashier old ladies. of course, you are not old enough.

We continued ........!£$%^&

If you read through above, you may notice I was boasting in funny way and we insulted softly each other. Nothing concern with romantic or no evidence of crossing the line at all. Yes, I called her as darling at one point. It did not mean I was saying she was my love or something similar. I tried to exaggerate my speed of eating as I finished 5 chicken wings in just over 10 mins :)

Well, regarding usage of darling, yes, most commonly it is used among the couples/ lovers.

I did check with Cambridge dictionary (Link is here)

Definition

darling
noun [C]
a person who is greatly loved or liked:

NOTE: This is used as a form of address between people who love each other and people who are being friendly. As a friendly form of address it is not usually used between men. (of course, I can't call strike darling, sorry strike :) )


What a coincidence. Today, I was at my fav fish and chip shop in east London. The waitress brought what I ordered, saying " Haddock darling"

Yes, in London, taxi drivers may say " do you want me to wait here, darling" . Tesco and Asda cashiers offer in their some stores " Do you need help packing, darling?" . At work, I would request to a nurse in polite way " Darling, could you do me a great favour?"

I think this is enough about "darling". I thought early today I would not have any issue to post on my blog. I have been lucky enough :)

By the way, enjoy Hello darl'




11 comments:

San said...

carry on darling
you are what you eat

PAUK said...

relax...take it easy..
for..there is nothing that we can do...
blame it on me
OR
blame it on u,....

(သီခ်င္းလာဆိုတာပါ....ဟိ)

Rita said...

This is a nice post, darling!

ရႊန္းမီ said...

darling/ dear . . . frequently used in girl-girl conversations .. and some matured people call youngsters darling/dear just to sweeten their conversation.
well.. why the heck .. i typed so long..
u shd've already known. .
but yeah.. i felt funny for his question, too..
maybe he's feeling extra bored as well.. ha ha..

:P said...

အစအဆံုး စိတ္ဝင္တစားဖတ္သြားျပီး ျပံဳးမိေသာ္လည္း strike အတြက္ေတာ့ စိတ္မေကာင္းပါဘူး...:))

ေဆာင္း said...

သူေျပာတာ မွန္သားဘဲ ေကာင္းမေလးကို ဒါလင္လို ့ မေခၚနဲ ့ေလ... ဒါမိန္းခေလး လို ့ေခၚခုိင္းတာ ျဖစ္မွာ....

Sorry just kidding..
It's true in UK. Everybody especially old ppl say darling is similar for dear.... It doesn't mean for romantic.
Eg... A manager told an applicant (Darling we don't want you) and throw his application form into the dustbin ...
That is...

Unknown said...

Hello Darling ,it would be great moment for me if someone call me.

myanandar said...

Hi Darling San Yu Aung! (i m not calling your girl though) :D

အရုဏ်ဦး said...

I noticed that ppl from UK and US tends to call people as darling/dear. I think it is a good habit and kind of sweet too. :D It is better than calling each other ေကာင္မ in Myanmar :P

ngapiy said...

can someone tell me about usage of " strike" :)

ngapiy said...

can someone tell me about the usage of "strike" in this conversation