Monday, May 11, 2009

A wish under the full moon

Lonely night! Someone claimed "Lonely night at Burger King" :)

A genuine lonely? A fake lonely? A temporary lonely? A permanent lonely? One-off lonely? Persistent lonely???? These are queries which came to my mind.

After reading that blog post, I did also check the sky at midnight in London. Oh... nice! A full moon I have not noticed for such a long time. 謝謝 KOM.



I took above photo quickly, trying not to stare at this amazing yellow ball hanging in the starry sky. The reason.... I was told when I was young, if I gazed at the full moon, I might get "lunatic". I never believe it. But I was not too keen to check the moon since then.

According to the literature, there is a some association between moon and mental problem. Someone may know much more than me.

I did research myself for the time being. This is from wiki:
The word lunatic is borrowed from italian "lunacus", Italian which gains its stem from "luna" for moon, which denotes the traditional link made in folklore between madness and the phases of the moon. This probably refers to the symptoms of cyclic mood disorders such as bipolar disorder or cyclothymia, the symptoms of which may also go through phases. As yet there no evidence whatsoever for any causal link between phases of the moon and the progression of mood disorder symptoms. Correlation has been observed in distant parts.

Mental institutions used to be called "lunatic asylums" or colloquially, "loony bins".

It also mentions about Lunar Hypothesis as follows:

In a 1999 Journal of Affective Disorders article, a hypothesis was suggested indicating that the phase of the moon may in the past have had an effect on bipolar patients by providing light during nights which would otherwise have been dark...

What I understand is that people with underlying mental illness might get some problems because of a spot of light in the dark sky. I am still not sure yet.


Anyway, I made a wish under the full moon!
:) :) :)
:) :)
:)

7 comments:

khin oo may said...

လန္ဒန္က လကလည္း သာလိုက္တာ။

strike said...

လမွမဟုတ္တာkomရယ္၊လမ္းေဘးဓါတ္တိုင္ကိုရိုက္ထားတယ္႔ဟာကို။

ရႊန္းမီ said...

ေနစာလံႈသြားမယ္ ေျပာျပီး . .
လစာလံႈေနတာပါလား..

strike said...

သူ႔စကားက၁၀ခြက္တခြက္တင္ရႊန္းမီ ေရ...

အရုဏ်ဦး said...

အဟီး... မင္းသိခၤ ေရးတဲ့ မႏုစာရီ ၀တၳဳထဲမွာ မႏုစာရီက ညဘက္မွာ လေရာင္လႈံတယ္။ (ဖတ္ဖူးတဲ့သူေတြကေတာ့ သူ ဘယ္လို လေရာင္လႈံတယ္ ဆိုတာ သိၾကပါလိမ့္မယ္) လေရာင္လႈံတာ မိန္းကေလးေတြရဲ႕ ခႏၶာကိုယ္အတြက္ ေကာင္းတယ္ဆိုလား ေရးထားတာ ဖတ္ဖူးတယ္။

ရႊန္းမီ said...

ေၾသာ္ strike .. ဟုတ္ေပသားပဲ..
u guys happily pull each other's legs.. :-)

Steve Evergreen said...

KOM will prove. I rang her when i was there.