Monday, April 20, 2009

Pink shirts and me

"Wearing pink brings the king luck. I don't want him to be sick" Rose Tarin, civil servant. BBC

It happened in Thailand. In 2007, King wore pink jacket (coat: in American English) as royal astrologers recommended it is good for his health. As a result, there had been a sharp rise of pink shirt sale those days in Thailand. I came across this old news while googling something on the Internet.

I did not know if there is any royal connection of pink colour in Britain. What I know is Royal purple.


When I was young, I used to adore green. But since I arrived in the UK, that has been the only colour what I don't like. I sent any clothes with green to charity or binned. I believe I don't like any particular colour. But when I checked my wardrobe today, I found out these pink shirts among others. To be honest, I was not aware what is going on in my so-called collection. I just learnt myself this evening. For some reason, each pink shirt has their lovely story. :)


2005


2007


2008


2008

17 comments:

mae said...

Lol.. so many!

I was in Bkk when the king wore pink. The next day, people were wearing pink polo-Tees.

Green was my favourite colour too when i was a child. But I grew out of it.

Nyi Nyi Myanmar said...

hi...
I'm also from Bangkok. :)
We can be friends.
add me please
nyinyimyanmar2009@gmail.com
Thanks

You got a nice blog ;)

AKyinNar said...

Why don't you wear one of these shirts and post your photo here? hehe:p

Steve Evergreen said...

Hi Nyi Nyi Myanmar

Who are you talking to? me or Mae?

We both are in England.

Nyi Nyi Myanmar said...

I'm talking to the blog owner. :D
LoL

Steve Evergreen said...

I had 3 night trip in Bkk. It was over 7 yrs ago. that is my maximum Thai connection so far in my life.

anyway, we are friends now.

San said...

I think pink is not man colour. P:

But different people, different preference.
If you feel comfortable by wearing it, its yours.

By the way, Green is my favourtie.

Steve Evergreen said...

oh yes in general pink is feminine color. but people around me wearing pink shirt and pink ties. so feeling just normal. :)

in fact i turn up with my pink shirt only once a month in average.

PAUK said...

တတိယရွပ္အကြက္ကလႊဲလို႔ က်န္တာမဆိုးပါဘူး
ေႏြဦးမွာ pink colour ၀တ္တာၾကည့္ေကာင္းပါတယ္..

Steve Evergreen said...

that one is my fav :)

သက္ပိုင္သူ said...

yeah.. AKYIN NAR is right.......
why dont u wear the pirk shirt and model for us :)
i think it will be nicely fit on you

have a beautiful day

mae said...

look!
http://www.tmlewin.co.uk/Category.aspx/BothPinkShirts
haaha

Steve Evergreen said...

sorry, i cannot open the link from work, will try later

Steve Evergreen said...

now i can see the link. nice is't it?

I think you will be good looking with pink stripe shirt as well. worth trying

mae said...

Ah.. no thanks. I'm very grateful I can dress informally for work. :)

khin oo may said...

ပိန္မ်ားသြားသလား။ အက်ိီေတြက တစ္နွစ္တၿခား ဆုိက္ေသးလာသလုိဘဲ

Steve Evergreen said...

no. all size 16.

if you are kind enough, send me one :)